José Mourinho confirmed at a press conference on Tuesday that Gareth Bale will be out for “several weeks” after suffering a calf injury in the Carabao Cup match between Tottenham and Stoke City.
Problems have followed Gareth Bale to Tottenham. There he says he feels happier, but the truth is that on the pitch he continues to live the same ordeal of one injury after another that prevents him from enjoying continuity.
He has been questioned for some time over his performance and now a new injury is taking him off the pitch. This was confirmed by José Mourinho himself this Tuesday in the press room.
“I don’t expect him to be fit for the game and I also have my doubts about Lucas and Vinicius,” said the Portuguese player about Bale in the run-up to the match against Fulham.
“I wouldn’t say it’s serious, but Bale will be out for a few weeks,” added Mourinho. Specifically, Bale has a calf injury from last week’s Carabao Cup match against Stoke City.
In that game, Bale started and scored, but had to come off at half-time. In the interview after the clash, Mourinho admitted that he removed him due to discomfort that now, as he says, will have him out of the team for “several weeks”.